Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The first customer

We keep on trucking.
As an entrepreneur, you face plenty of discouraging feedback.  The website is too wordy.  The blog only comes out once a week.  I should hire a staff of 24/7 sales people.  You name it and I have heard plenty of unsolicited guidance.  This week, I want to share some direction I received from a friend.

This life of an entrepreneur is lonely.  You spend most of your time pitching your product and chasing your dream.  People at parties get tired of you making elevator pitches.  People who you call regularly get fed up and stop returning your calls.  It is a life of rejection.  I would be lying if I said that it did not affect me.  This weekend I was spending time with friends and one of them who owns a small print show said which made a world of sense, “The first customer is the hardest.”

My doubt fell away and I understand; the first customer is always the hardest.  I am going to fail and make mistakes.  In the end, it will not matter because it lead to that first customer.  We hope you are interested in being that firm.  We offer two exciting tools Sully 2.0 for warehouse management and Tony for fleet maintenance.  Contact us today if you would like to know more.

The road of an entrepreneur is lonely but for a brief moment it did not  feel so bad.  I look forward to the journey.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment