Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Made in the USA - Management!!

USA! USA! USA!
Nice article from the Harvard Business Review this week.  The gist of the article is that research from Harvard has confirmed that American companies, and in particular U.S. Multinational corporations exhibit the best management practices in the world.  This is not news to me.  We are the country which perfected the Limited Liability Corporation and our successes span from world from Microsoft to Coca-Cola. 
 
It should also give pause to people who feel that we are a nation in decline.  Many of the worst managed companies are in the BRIC nations of Brazil, Russia, India and China.   This gives me hope because it says that someone with a dream and a modicum of knowledge can grow a business into a worldwide player.   It should also be a cause for concern because if these nations actually learn how to manage their companies like we do they could crush the American Economy like a bug.  Being to optimist that I am, I think it is going to take a while for Russia to figure out that drinking on the job is bad for business. 
This week I am going to launch my web site and start having meeting with my local chamber of commerce and seeing clients.  I am pretty excited about that.  I think that I can help companies save money and improve their service.  I also hope that I can generate wealth and employment for my local community.  Frankly, it is time to punch this recession in the stomach and start doing business again.  It sounds a little crazy but if a bunch of us entrepreneurs try it just might happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment